We treat any data that identifies you, or reasonably can be linked to you, as “Personal Information.” Data that has been de-identified or aggregated so that it cannot reasonably be linked to you is not Personal Information, and we may use that data for any purpose.
- Personal Information We Collect From You
- How We Obtain Your Personal Information
- Our Use of Personal Information
- Our Sharing of Personal Information
- Security of Your Personal Information
- Third Party Websites and Applications
- Your Rights and Choices Regarding Your Data
- EU Data Subjects
- Use of Personal Information
- Your Rights
- International Data Transfers
- California Residents
- Personal Information Concerning Children
- Updates to the Policy
- Contact Us
Personal Information We Collect From You
We attempt to only collect Personal Information that is necessary in order to provide you with our Services, and that Personal Information may include:
- Contact Information, such as name, postal address, and email address.
- Internet or Similar Network Activity, such as your IP address and activity on our Sites, as well as your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
- Commercial Information, such as information relating to your purchases and services, and purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Location Information, such as information collected when you access our Sites.
- Financial Information, such as your card account number and other financial information collected either by us or our service providers when you obtain Services from us.
How We Obtain Your Personal Information
- From You: We obtain most of the Personal Information that we collect about you from you when you interact with our Services, including when you: (1) contact and communicate with us, (2) register for an account on our Sites, or (3) purchase or use Services, including our Sites.
- From Our Partners: We may obtain Personal Information about you from our service providers or other partners, including marketing partners.
Our Use of Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information as follows:
- Provide Our Products and Services: We use Personal Information to furnish our Services, including to process and fulfill your purchases of our Services and to improve the quality, safety and security of the Services.
- Communicate with You: We use Personal Information to respond to communications, contact you about your transactions, promote our Services, provide other relevant information, and request information or feedback.
- Personalize Your Experience: We utilize Personal Information regarding your use of our Services, including our Sites and App, to personalize and enhance your experiences.
- Internal Research: We use Personal Information to conduct internal research to develop, improve or repair our products, services or technology.
- Security or Fraud Prevention: We use Personal Information to: (1) prevent, detect, protect against, or respond to security incidents, and (2) preserve the integrity or security of systems.
- Legal Compliance: We may use Personal Information to comply with applicable law or to comply with a lawful governmental request.
We strive to retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which we obtained the information or as otherwise required by law.
Our Sharing of Personal Information
We may share Personal Information with service providers who act on our behalf, our partners, or others operating at your direction or where legally necessary or appropriate. We do not share or sell Personal Information with third parties for their independent purposes, such as marketing.
- Legal Affiliates: We may share information with our subsidiaries and legal affiliates.
- Service Providers: We engage third parties to act as our service providers and perform certain tasks on our behalf in connection with delivering you our products and services. The tasks performed by service providers include: (1) processing and storing Personal Information, (2) assisting with marketing communications and advertising, (3) customer service assistance; (4) processing credit card or other financial charges, and (5) providing technology services, including assisting with our Sites. We may share all types of Personal Information described above with service providers. We encourage service providers to take reasonable steps to ensure that they keep Personal Information confidential and only utilize Personal Information as permitted.
- Partners: We may partner with third parties to provide services and other offerings. Upon your request, we may also share your Personal Information with partners to provide products or services that may interest you. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the entities to which we share your Personal Information keep the information confidential and only use it as permitted.
- Other Legal Purposes: We also may share Personal Information: (1) with your consent, (2) to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process or otherwise as required or allowed by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities; (3) to cooperate with law enforcement, government or regulatory entities, and safety or investigation authorities; (4) to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense; or (5) as part of a corporate restructuring, sale of assets, merger or divestiture.
Security of Your Personal Information
We use commercial reasonably physical, technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and disclosure. Please note, however, that no security measures are perfectly secure, and we are unable to guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
Third Party Websites and Applications
Our Sites may contain links to websites or applications hosted by third parties. This Policy only applies to websites and applications within our control and does not apply to any third party sources. Any data collected through third party websites or applications shall be subject to the privacy practices of the third party, and you should review the privacy policies of these third parties prior to sharing any data.
Your Rights and Choices Regarding Your Data
We give you certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for promotional purposes. You may opt-out from receiving electronic communications from us by contacting us as detailed in the “Contact Us” section below. If you no longer want to receive promotional-related emails from us, you may opt-out according to instructions in such communications. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages, we may still send you important administrative messages.
EU Data Subjects
The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation provides EU data subjects with the additional rights described below.
Use of Personal Information
We generally act as a data controller of EU data subject’s Personal Information submitted to us. We rely on that Personal Information for the legitimate commercial purposes of providing our products and services to you. Where we need to collect Personal Information by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that Personal Information when requested, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before we process your Personal Information. We do not use your Personal Information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law. In certain circumstances, we act as a data processor, and, in those circumstances, we process your Personal Information for the purposes set out in this Policy consistent with the data processing terms of those partners. We also may rely on your consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information. If we are relying on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the information below. We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your Personal Information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
If you are located in the EU and have any complaints regarding our privacy practices as a data controller, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to your local Supervisory Authority. However, we would appreciate the chance to address your concerns before you approach your Supervisory Authority, so please contact us first at the information below.
If you would like to request a copy of your personal information being held by us or request that it be deleted, or to update and/or correct your personal information or request that we provide a copy to another data controller of your personal information that you have provided to us, please contact us as detailed in the “Contact Us” section below. We will need enough information to ascertain your identity as well as the nature of your request. We will aim to respond to your request within one (1) calendar month of receipt of the request. Where we were unable to do so within the calendar month, we will notify you of the soonest practicable time within which we can respond to your request (and within three (3) months from the date of your request).
There are certain exemptions and restrictions of these rights under the European data privacy laws that enable personal information to be retained, processed or withheld from access and we will inform you of these exemptions and restrictions, if applicable. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as detailed in the “Contact Us” section below.
International Data Transfers
We offer European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our customers that operate in the European Union and the United Kingdom, and make transfers of Personal Information from those jurisdictions to the United States and other countries that lack adequacy determinations. Please contact us as detailed in the “Contact Us” section below for more information.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with the additional rights described below:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you. To submit a request to know, you may call us at 1-800-488-8999, or make the request using our online portal available here.
- The right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you, subject to certain exceptions. To submit a request for deletion, you may call us at 1-800-488-8999, or make the request using our online portal available here.
When you exercise these rights and submit a request to us, we will verify your identity, which may include asking you to log in to your account if you have one with us. If you do not have an account with us, we may ask for your email address, order numbers of previous orders of our products and services, the last four digits of a credit or debit card or a bank account number used to make a purchase, the date of your last purchase from us, or other information that we believe you will know that will allow us to verify that the request is coming from the person named in the request. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request for deletion on your behalf, subject to appropriate verification.
Your exercise of these rights will have no adverse effect on the price and quality of our goods or services.
Personal Information Concerning Children
Our Sites are not intended for anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 16, unless the Personal Information is submitted with verifiable parental consent.
Updates to the Policy
We may update this Policy periodically as we offer new products and services, and as our business, technology, and laws change. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “Last updated” reference below. Any changes will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy.
Acorn Engineering Company d/b/a Morris Group International
15125 Proctor Avenue
P.O. Box 3527 (91744)
City of Industry, CA 91746
Last updated: October 25, 2021
MORRIS GROUP INTERNATIONAL® DOES NOT KEEP OR STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION RELATING TO AN INDIVIDUAL. Personal information can be defined as anything that identifies an individual, including but not limited to home address, date of birth, marital status, financial records and credit information.
Morris Group International DOES collect and store business information such as contact name, company name, title, business e-mail address and business phone number, ONLY IF THE USER OPTS IN to an e-mail campaign, completes an online form or gives out their contact information at a trade show or during a business call. We do not accept or import contact information from outside sources. We only accept contact information provided directly by the customer.
- Morris Group International uses common Internet technologies, such as cookies and Web beacons, to keep track of interactions with the Company’s website and e-mails.
- Morris Group International uses information collected to provide you with the Services you request.
- Morris Group International may use information collected to improve the Company’s Websites and Services.
- Morris Group International does not share, sell rent, or trade user information with third parties.
- Morris Group International uses robust security measures to protect information.
Please read our e-mail policy to better understand how we manage your information.
- Every marketing e-mail from Morris Group International contains instructions on how to opt out of receiving further marketing e-mails from our Divisions.
- You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communication by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of our e-mails.